The Landscapes and Policy Hub Multi-Year Research Plan broadly describes the scope of the Landscapes and Policy Hub’s research work program over the period 2011 to 2014. It will be accompanied by several Annual Work Plans (AWPs), which will define details of the scheduled activities on an annual basis.
The purpose of the plan is to:
- Provide contextual information and a breakdown of research activities in the Hub
- Describe the research that the Hub will be undertaking under the NERP between 2011 and 2014
- Identify research priorities and links to Australian Government Environment Portfolio policies and programs
- Outline the relationship of the research to the Australian Government Environment Portfolio and other key end users, and
- Provide a framework for monitoring and evaluating the Hub activities, as part of the NERP.
The primary audience for the plan is the Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, environment portfolio agencies, particularly the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (DSEWPaC) and the Hub with its researchers. Other interested stakeholders include non-hub researchers, government and non-government organisations and the general public.
The multi-year research plan was prepared in consultation with the Hub partners (UTAS, ANU, Murdoch), relevant branches within DSEWPaC (Strategic Assessment, Biodiversity Conservation, National Reserve System, Parks and Biodiversity Science and Aquatic Ecosystems and Health), collaborating agencies and institutions (DPIPWE, Parks Victoria, ABARES) and individuals from state, regional, local and non-government organisations involved in biodiversity conservation (Tasmanian Land Conservancy, Greening Australia, Bush Heritage, NRM North and DECCW NSW).
|Type of Publication||Report|
|Year of Publication||2011|
|Institution||Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities|
|Date Published||September 2011|